Technology & Special Needs
People with disabilities should be able to develop their autonomy in order to integrate and actively participate in the different spheres of society – public, professional, private.
Technological innovations developed with and for people with disabilities will enable Switzerland to be more inclusive and to participate in the implementation of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD).
In collaboration with the HES-SO Valais-Wallis and the HE-Arc, the FRH has obtained an Innosuisse funding of approximately 2 million Swiss francs for the years 2021 to 2024. This funding aims at supporting and promoting ideas and projects related to disability.
Noémie Moulin, Project coordinator
Tel: +41 77 502 52 03
Benjamin Nanchen, Living Lab for Special Needs Manager
How the NTN Innovation Booster Technology and Special Needs works
Each year the Innovation Booster Technology & Special Needs distributes 245’000 frs, as seed money to help new projects get off the ground:
- The needs are defined.
- Topics for the current year are selected.
- Calls for research, feasibility studies and prototypes are organised in order to imagine concrete solutions to the problems identified.
- 25 cheques of 5’000 frs for feasibility studies are awarded by the Innovation Booster jury.
- 6 cheques of 10’000 frs for research are awarded by the Innovation Booster jury.
- 6 cheques of 10’000 frs for prototypes are awarded by the Innovation Booster jury.
For the implementation of the projects, various other funding can then be used (Innosuisse innovation cheque, Innosuisse project, etc). The Living Lab for Special Needs can support the teams in this step.